Aim of Course
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- Specialised and focused emphasis on data communications and networking technologies.
- The skills and knowledge required to develop and critically evaluate network architectures and networked computing applications.
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
You will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networks and databases.
Some specialized modules will provide you basic knowledge of security and computer forensics. The modules will also help you develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which you will gain better understanding of network architectures and networked computing applications. You will gain solid understanding of programming skills needed in systems
administration, network technologies, network design, and systems security. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in the field of network computing and to refine your personal and professional development. You will move further into indepth understanding of network computing components, environments and techniques in appreciation of relevant issues. A final year project requires you to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – you will demonstrate your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills
to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
Degree & Recognitions
Degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) in IT will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation . We have been permitted by Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run these courses. B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognised by Tribhuvan University.
Internship and Industrial Training
A well strutured internship or industrial training programme in colloboration with the industry is incorported in into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability . Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 10 weeks.
Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SLC level; or
Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
TOEFL: 79-80 (Internet Based Test), 550 (Paper Based Test), 213 (Computer Based Test)
Other Certification or Evidence of English Proficiency that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Applicants who do not possess the above will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Degree programme.