B.Sc. (Hons.) Information Technology
|3 Years (6 semesters )||123 Credit Hours||Lecture Hours 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Tutorials 10.30 A.M- 12.30 P.M. (Sunday -Friday)|
B.Sc.IT (Hons.) is a Full-time campus based course of 123 credit. Degree will be awarded by 5-star Rated Award Winning University. Students from any faculty can join. The main aims of the course are :
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by developing knowledge, key skills and the capacity for independent and life-long learning.
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making.
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations.
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment.
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work.
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills.
Enabling our IT graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services India, with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future ready professional. Under this programme we offer more than 50 industry relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
Click to see list of Courses
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.
You will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networks and databases. The modules will also help you develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Fundamentals of Web Design and Development
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which you will gain better understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems, programming languages and techniques, and further analysis and design skills. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
Elective Modules (choose 3)
- Probability & Statistical Modelling OR System Programming & Computer Control
- Enterprise Systems OR System & Network Administration
- Further Web Design & Development OR Data Centre Infrastructure
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in a broad range of information technologies and to refine your personal and professional development. You will enhance your programming skills and move further into the areas of cloud computing and big data. A final year project requires you to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem.
You will demonstrate your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Mobile & Web Multimedia
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Investigations in Information Technology
- Information Technology Project
Elective Modules (choose 2)
- Internet of Things: Concepts & Applications OR Distributed Computer Systems
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud OR Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- Network Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Technology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Systems Analyst
- IT Executive
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems Analyst
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Technical Support Manager
- IT Sales Manager
- IT Application Developer
- IT Auditor
- IT Project Manager
- IT Helpdesk Manager
- System Administrator
- Systems Consultant
Degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) in IT will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation .B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognized by Tribhuvan University as Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology).
We are approved by the Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run the courses from APU, Malaysia at Kathmandu, Nepal.
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with the industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability. Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 12 weeks.
- Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SEE level(Grade-X) or ;
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 3 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics or ;
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics or ;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
- Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme;
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5;
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language.