B.Sc.(Hons.) Information Technology with a specialism in Network Computing
|3 Years (6 semesters )||123 Credit Hours||Lecture Hours 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Tutorials 10.30 A.M- 12.30 P.M. (Sunday -Friday)|
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- Specialised and focused emphasis on data communications and networking technologies.
- The skills and knowledge required to develop and critically evaluate network architectures and networked computing applications.
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making.
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations.
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive, and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment.
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work.
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness, and independence as well as your communication skills.
Enabling our IT and Management graduates become industry-ready by acquiring and reinforcing the knowledge, skills and attitude required to deliver organizational goals.
Corporate Readiness Programme is provided in partnership with Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services India, with a pure objective of helping our students to discover the path to a rewarding career. Corporate Readiness Programme is a customized set of courses that’ll take you on a journey of learning and help you become a successful and future-ready professional. Under this programme, we offer more than 50 industry-relevant online certification training courses, worth above NPR 6 lakhs, along with your degree to enhance job readiness.
Click to see list of Courses
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students, each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises a minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.
Students will learn the fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking, and databases. Some specialised modules will provide them the basic knowledge of security and computer forensics. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Security and Forensic Technologies
A broader range of skills will be learned, in which students will gain a better understanding of network architectures and networked computing applications. They will gain a solid understanding of programming skills needed in systems administration, network technologies, network design, and systems security. They will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object-Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Principles of Networks & Network Design
- System & Network Administration
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Switching Technologies
- Network Security
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Web Applications
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of network computing and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into an in-depth understanding of network computing components, environments, and techniques in appreciation of relevant issues. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Network Troubleshooting
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Advanced Wireless Technology
- Computer Systems Security
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Critical Issues in Managing IS in Organisations
- Investigations in Network Computing
- Network Computing Project
- Network Analyst
- Network Consultant
- Systems Engineer
- Network Designer
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Network Engineer
- Management Information System(MIS) Manager
- Technical Support Manager
- Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- System Network Consultant
- Data Centre Operator
- Network Administrator
- Network Planning Specialist
- Network Defense Analyst
Degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) in IT will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation .B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognized by Tribhuvan University as Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology).
We are approved by the Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run the courses from APU, Malaysia at Kathmandu, Nepal.
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with the industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability. Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 12 weeks.
Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SLC level; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language.