This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- A specialised and focused emphasis on data communications and networking technologies.
- The skills and knowledge required to develop and critically evaluate network architectures and networked computing applications.
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
- Duration : 6 semesters (3 Years) - Full Time
- Credit Hour :123
- Class Timing :
- 05.30 P.M.- 08.30 P.M on weekdays (Sunday- Friday) and 08.00 A.M- 04.00 P.M on Saturdays.
Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics at SLC level; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL: 79-80 (Internet Based Test), 550 (Paper Based Test), 213 (Computer Based Test)
- Other Certification or Evidence of English Proficiency that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Applicants who do not possess the above will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Degree programme.
Internship/ Industrial Training:
A well strutured internship or industrial training programme in colloboration with the industry is incorported in into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability . Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 10 weeks.
Degree & Recognition:
Degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) in IT will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation . We have been permitted by Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run these courses. B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognised by Tribhuvan University.
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.