B.Sc.(Hons.) IT – Database Administration
|3 Years (6 semesters )||123 Credit Hours||Lecture Hours 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Tutorials 10.30 A.M- 12.30 P.M. (Sunday -Friday)|
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of data and information in organisations.
- The technical skills necessary to evaluate, design, configure, and maintain the data management infrastructure
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases. Some specialised modules will provide students with basic knowledge of security and computer forensics. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Security and Forensic Technologies
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems, along with technical skills to evaluate, design, configure and maintain data management structures. They will gain solid understanding of database design, data integrity, database programming and basic knowledge of “big data”. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- System Programming and Computer Control
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Database Design & Development
- Data Management
- INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of database administration and to refine their personal and professional development. Students will move further into advanced computing skills needed to manage enterprise databases and large data management infrastructure. A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Computer Systems Security
- Database Administration
- Critical Issues in Managing IS in Organisations
- Information Storage and Management
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- Investigations in Database Administration
- Database Administration Project
- Data Centre Operations Executive
- Data Support Engineer
- Enterprise Solutions Consultant
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Database Administrator
- Database Engineer
- Data Warehouse Manager
- Enterprise Database Administrator
- System Administrator
- Application Support Engineer
- Data Storage Manager
- Global Business Solution Specialist
- Operation Support System Manager
- Database Architect
- Data Warehouse Administrator
Degree of B.Sc. (Hons.) in IT will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation .B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognized by Tribhuvan University as Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology).
We are approved by Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run the courses from APU, Malaysia at Kathmandu, Nepal.
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
A well structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with the industry is incorporated in into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability . Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 12 weeks.
Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SLC level; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.