BA (Hons) Business Management
|3 Years (6 semesters )||123 Credit Hours||Lecture Hours 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Tutorials 10.30 A.M- 12.30 P.M. (Sunday -Friday)|
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by developing knowledge, key skills and the capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in innovation, ingenuity and integration as well as problem-solving and decision-making in a business context which reflects the particular focus of the programme e.g. Business Management, International Business Management, E-Business, Tourism and Services Management, Marketing or HRM
- Maintaining effective communication skill
- Help you develop a Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of business knowledge & analysis and contemporary business issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.
You will gain basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Marketing. We will also expose you towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills, quantitative skills, and independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that you will get a solid grounding in
business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
You will be exposed to more advanced level of curriculum including behavioral science, business ethics & governance, critical thinking in management, and international culture & communications. In-depth understanding in functional management in various areas will be developed as well. You will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry-leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture your independent learning to prepare you for the workplace and for further research.
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
- Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- Managing Finance
- E-Business Management
- Commercial Law
- Critical Thinking in Management
- Employee Development
- International Culture and Communications
- Operations Management
- INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of business management. Leadership and strategic management skills will be taught, with aims to groom you as a business leader. A final year project requires you to explore a topic individually – you will demonstrate your academic and practical aspects of your ability in the chosen area of study
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Asian Economics
- Business Management Project
- Contemporary Management
- Enterprising Management
- Investigation in Business Management
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Managing Change
- Managing People and Performance
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- General Administrator
- Banking Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Logistic and Supply Chain Manager
- Operation Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Market Researcher
- Business Consultant
- Business Research Analyst
Degree of B.A.(Hons.) in Business Management will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation . B.A. (Hons.) in Business Management is recognized by Tribhuvan University as Bachelors Degree in relevant Subject.
We have been approved by Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run these courses.
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
A well structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with the industry is incorporated in into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability . Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 10 weeks.
Direct Entry to Level1 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SLC level; or
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 2 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree:
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme; or
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5; or
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.